Monday, February 29, 2016

Keeping Our Heads Above Water - Chapter 20

 February 29, 2016


So there's this song that keeps popping up in my i-Tunes lately....

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held


I've been on my knees a lot over the past two months.  And when I open the muddy front door that won't lock anymore and is being held shut by a concrete block.....and I see Dumpster #6 making itself at home in my front driveway.....and I need a ladder to reach the refrigerator in my kitchen......and....and...

Life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on
And when you're tired of fighting
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down (Liz) and let it go.


.....and when I lay it all down.....when I read these words inside my wall and believe them....


...right smack in the middle of my living room holding my foundation up, it says "Don't be afraid, Chuck and Liz (yes...it actually names us!)....for I am with YOU :-)".....I know....I absolutely, completely and without a single ounce of Liz-doubt, KNOW..... that He means it.

And when the song came to this verse,

And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands



....I look up and see the fog rolling in on the lake from our temporary home......I grab Mom's old woolly socks she always wore during her last year on this earth....and run to the edge of the dock.  I get there just in time to see the birds in their V-formation telling me Spring is right around the corner.  It's a promise....a guarantee.....Spring WILL come.....and He has made us stronger now because of this winter storm.....


Lift your hands, lift your eyes
In the storm is where you'll find Me
And where you are, I'll hold your heart
I'll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won't let go

And our hearts are held tight by His right hand.

7 comments:

Lulu said...

God Bless u both this horrible event has Brought u both closer to God Like Job u r his children He will NEVER leave u nor forsake U He comforts U while storm rages love U Lulu

Liz Hurt said...

Amen and AMEN!!! I think that's the most powerful thing you have ever written. Every word is true and God-inspired. I bow in worship, thanking Him for the difficult places that lead us straight to His kingdom, His peace, His JOY, His rest, His pleasure in those He so passionately loves. I bow. Thank you.

Linda Bolton said...

Hang in there my lovelies!! My thoughts are with you. Linda B.

Israel said...

......and no matter how blurry things look......The steps of a righteous man (no gender imply)
are leaded by the Lord.

Israel

Aunt Brenda said...

Liz as usual, your words touch my heart and make me stronger too...wow, how I love you! Happy Leap Year Day! Look for the miracles, They will be there! Thinking of you my dear precious one!

Regina said...

i read this and my heart cries, "oh, OH, He is Lord!! Our God is good!! Thank you Lord for You give and You take away. Blessed be the name of our Lord!!"

Brenda said...

Liz,

I wanted to let you know that I look forward to your blog each time. Not because of the tribulations you are enduring, but because of how you are dealing with them. You give me strength to continue dealing with our own contractors and tornado woes. You are an inspiration and I want to thank you for sharing.

Brenda