Monday, March 21, 2016

Keeping Our Heads Above Water - Chapter 23

March 21, 2016


It's beyond belief to me that we are approaching the 3-month mark since we were flooded out of our home the end of December.....


 It's now Spring here in East Texas.....I know this cause my allergies are SCREAMING it so.....



And there is GREAT NEWS at the Etheridge Houseboat!  Floor insulation was layed this past week.....and here's a little DIY/Pinterest helpful hint for those of you who find yourselves laying floor insulation in the future:


To keep insulation from getting on you, 
pour flour all over your body.   


Is it me, or does he look like Jesus with flour and a Rebel shirt on?  Just sayin'......



Yes....this keeps the insulation from sticking to you.... my guitar-playing, Good-Times Van driving contractors who are hammering this little house of ours back together tells me. 


And friends are still coming by....pushing the concrete-block-holding-my-front-door-closed, out of the way....and writing their scriptures.....their wishes.....their prayers for Chuck and I....on the studs and walls...and heart....of this beautiful home we will once again live in soon......


They are doing the Downward Dog yoga pose as they balance vicariously on our new WATERPROOF 2x4's as they leave their mark on our home....

And as we walk through this final week before Easter.....a time of remembering an event 2000 years ago with our hearts burst wide open.....we reflect on the miracle of that time that allowed Chuck and I to be able to experience the Blessings....the Grace.....the Miracles we have experienced in the last 84 days.  Without a Savior to die and rise for us, the Blessings from our Storm would never have been realized.

Do a little "Downward Dog" and meditate on that for a while.

Oh ya......and don't forget to send this handsome husband of mine a little BIRTHDAY message today on his special day!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART.....
......YOU ARE LOVED MORE THAN YOU KNOW


10 comments:

Dick and Bonnie said...

So glad to see progress being made!!!! Love to you both and Happy Birthday to Chuck!!!!

Dick and Bonnie

Alan and Jo said...

Happy Birthday Chuck. Best wishes for many more years. Love you guys, Alan & Jo

Sandee said...

Yo, Chuck!!!! Happy B-Day! You can now join the rest of us! We are an exclusive group who honor afternoon naps, lapses in memory and can listen to the same jokes over and over again and still laugh. Seriously, have a wonderful day, dear friend! All our love to you both, Larry and Sandee


Sandee Casey

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday Chuck! May you have a blessed one and many more to come!

Brenda and Mel said...

Hey Chuck, Know what happens when you eat too much birthday cake?

Ha, Ha, Gotcha.....There's no such thing as too much birthday cake!!!!

Love, Mel and Brenda

Chris said...

Happy birthday, my friend!
(Eat lots of cake!)

Kathy Rachal said...

Achoo! Guess I'd better get over there quick! Do you have sharpies or do I need to bring one? ✒🏠

John Kennedy said...

Praise the Lord! I am so thankful you'all are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I am also thankful I have my computer back after four days so I could read your blog. I missed you both Sunday and hope to see you Wed. You are continually in my prayers, I know He is watching you!!!

Love You,

JOHN

Mike and Margie said...

Liz, Please give Chuck a birthday hug for us. I know we are a day late but didn't see your message till this morning. I hope it was a pleasant one for him. Love you, Margie & Mike

Chloanne said...

Hey, Chuck, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! from your new friend Chloanne that you have not met yet. Just ask Liz, She will introduce you to me, and I will appear in person later. I hope you had a great birthday! Sorry I'm a day late, but I love birthdays, so I just had to join in!

Love you, LIZ! You two are brave and blessed! So glad you are able to build a firm foundation and step into a place you can trust, after such a "wash out"! The One who was on that cross is walking you through!

Blessings and love,
Chloanne