Sunday, March 11, 2018

GROWING SEEDS: " "Running On Thirsty"




When I was 2-years old, I taught my brother James how to say his first words.  The problem was.....he was 4-years old.  

Talking has always been one of my all-time favorite things to do.  I don't recall a report card where I didn't have a checkmark next to "Talks Too Much" or a teacher who EVER said, "She's such a shy girl."  I'm not shy and I talk too much.  Wicked combination.

Although we don't know how old the lady at the well was that John speaks of in Chapter 4 or even her name (Liz, perhaps??), we do know that this was the longest recorded one-on-one chat with Jesus in scriptures......and we know she had multiple husbands and a bad reputation.  

But when Jesus asked her for a drink of water that hot day, it was clear what He really wanted.  He wanted to talk.  He wanted her to know that, although she was broken and despised, He could give her something none of her five husbands could ever give her.  

Salvation.   

This Salvation was in the form of water that was alive and dipped exclusively for her.  Being a Samaritan or a Texan or even a Yankee from New York doesn't matter; God's water is FREE to anyone and everyone who asks.  You don't need a dipper to drink from cause God uses His very nail-scarred hand as a dipper for us.  And He wants to talk.....to YOU....and to me.  

I think this is where I get my love for talking from.....my heavenly Father......and what can I say; I inherited it!

But hear me well, friends; the time has come to hold out both of your weary and worn hands and receive all that Jesus has to offer.  It's easy to see why she left her water jar behind when she "went back to town" (John 4:28).  Her thirst was quenched.  Her future secured.

If not at a well, where did Jesus find you?

No comments: