Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Perspective-Lifters

Perspective-Lifters

LizEtheridgeSekerke



I loved the line in Jesus Calling this morning that said, “Welcome problems as perspective-lifters!" It continued.......


"The problem can be a LADDER, enabling you to climb up and see your life from My Perspective. Viewed from above, the obstacle that frustrated you is only a light and momentary trouble. Once your perspective has been heightened, you can look away from the problem altogether.”

It reminded me of the time I went to New Hampshire with my girlfriend Cheryl in 2019….it was Fall and we had enjoyed almost a full week of beautiful colors and Fall temperatures. We decided to take a skylift up a mountain as we were leaving New Hampshire headed to Boston. The beauty (Pic #1) from down below on the highway was nice and had become the norm for the week, but the beauty from high above on the top of the mountain (Pic #2) was spectacular. Perspective. That’s why I can’t wait to get to Heaven and be a drone. Seeing everything with different eyes….high above….it looks so magical from up there. But truth is, it’s no less beautiful down below…our eyes have just become so accustomed to that view that we take it for granted.

Same view…..different perspective.

My goal today is to look at the norm with a different perspective.

No comments: