Friday, December 25, 2009

Dodo Dodo Dodo Dodo Dodo


Friday, Christmas Day, December 25, 2009


Okay folks, I need to let you know that the Blog below was obviously not written by me......but rather by my sweet sister.  When I first received this Blog in my inbox, I thought, "Oh no,  I have a Blog Virus!!!", but upon reading further, nope, its just my sister!!  Unbeknownst (such a BIG word!) to me, she had phoned my husband earlier and gotten my password to my Blogger account......and he actually remembered it!!!  Let me repeat that; He Actually Remembered It!!!!  WOW!  Now..... I had planned on blogging about our "Orphan Christmas" party we went to tonight and explaining the picture to your right, but I'll save that for another day......instead, I'm going to have you read the Blog below that my sister, Debbie, wrote tonight about her youngest sister, ME......I've never been Blogged about (that I'm aware of....) and it felt a little weird, but it probably will give you a window into my world.......Enjoy!!

P.S.  There's no way I could let her Blog about me without me having a say in it too, so you'll see my response in Red.......





Do not attempt to adjust your computer ---
There is nothing wrong with this Blog ---
You have now entered the

BLOG TWILGHT ZONE.

(Dodo..Dodo....Dodo...Dodo...Dodo...
Not to be mistaken by what Murphy does "mostly" outside!)



Murphy's Mom Blog has been temporarily taken over by ---- will let's just stay with "It's been taken over" (by a crazy sister, that's who!!).

For the past 2-3 years (actually, only a year....just seems like 2-3 years), Liz (otherwise known as Murphy's Mom) has been blogging about everyone and most everything that crosses her path.  Always interesting, never dull, sometimes  s t r e t c h e d, often funny, occassionally touching but always uniquely presented as only Liz can do.  The time has come "as the Walrus says, to speak of many things", it's my turn to talk about Liz (Ah Oh....).

Five Little Known Facts About Liz:

1. Favorite Food -- Grilled Cheese Sandwich with pickles on the outside, preferably cooked with an iron (Learned this from Boarding School.  You should try Popcorn on an iron!!  Right Lynette??!!)
2  Nickname --- Softie (Because I had a lot of "padding" as a child)
3. Hero - Lara Croft (Go Lara Go!)
4. Genetically gifted swimmer (you'll just have to ask her about this one) (Thanks, Dad, for the web toes......)
5. Dog Stealer (I prefer to call myself a "Foster Parent" ....)

Little Known Anectdotes About Liz:

As the youngest of three children (I always thought we had 2 too many kids in our family...just kidding; just kidding!!), she was both resourceful and vicious, which may have been necessary (Oh, it was necessary!!).  If Dorothy (Mom), James (brother) and Debbie (sister) wanted to go out to eat, Liz would be the one to go sit in Jim's (Dad) lap, curl up in his arms and ask him to take them out --- sure enough without fail, out to eat they would go (worked every time!!).  But given just a few successful attempts at this, she soon grasped the understanding of the word "bribery", so the next time she was asked to "work" Jim (Dad), she simply asked "What's it worth to you?" (I'm a quick learner!)

Again she was the youngest of three, however, she was not without her own resources.  When "wrestling" (we didn't have cable....we were bored) with her two older siblings, in order to defeat them (I didn't have a taser yet...), she soon learned that her long strong fingernails were a very effective weapon, and she wasn't afraid to use them.  So the two siblings took it upon themselves to "trim" those nice long strong fingernails, which to this day she hasn't forgotten or forgiven (Remember the story of Samson??  Well, my nails never grew back hard and long ever again).

Moving on, while attending boarding school in south Texas (it wasn't cause I was a bad kid...really!), close to the Mexican border, she would fly back and forth to her home in Dallas.  On one of those return flights she met a nice young man (he was really cute!) on the flight and decided that it would be a good idea to go with him and do a little Sky Diving rather than returning to school.  Even back then, you could see where she was headed -- To quote someone close to the source, she was headed for "Awesomeness" (I'm liking that description!!).

As we all are well aware, Liz is quite the dog lover.  Murphy is her baby and she would do anything for him.  She loves him so much that before she put the shock collar on him, which was intended to keep him from barking, she put it on herself, just be sure it wouldn't hurt him too much (I'm such a good Mom!!).  Well apparently it is quite effective (just picture Liz running around the house with the dog's shock collar on), because she still talks in a whisper when the collar is anywhere around (this is a true statement).  It was at this time that she decided that this was really something she only wanted to do to her enemies, and since she couldn't figure out how to get these folks to put on a dog collar, the stun gun became her next focus.

Her favorite Reality TV Show is "The Amazing Race", and it has been decided that she should compete in this race.  She can go anywhere and make friends, she can get total strangers to do things no one else would even try to get them to do, she can get her picture taken with cashiers from Home Depot for no good reason at all (right Liz???) (Oh, it was a GOOD reason alright.....that picture is "priceless" today!!), and I have yet to meet anyone who can last long enough to actually win an argument with her or successfully tell her "no" about something she really wants you to do (good point!).

She is a force of nature, she is one of a kind, she is my best friend (Ahhhh), my only sister and I love her more than words can describe (I love you too, Sissie).  She is ALWAYS there for me, gives me the most honest, loving advice even though it may not be what I want to hear. She defends me, she protects me, she makes me laugh, she makes me shake my head.  But most of all she makes me proud.  She loves her family fiercly, she loves her Lord passionately, and she loves her Charlie with everthing she is.

Love you Sissie
(I Love you Very Much, Sissie.....you're the BEST!)












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog...what a tribute.....I agree she is something else.
You both need to blog....you are both that good.
ant ellie