Friday, January 6, 2012

My Friend, Beadboard.......

January 6, 2011 2012



Check out what I saw on the side of the ladies bathroom stall at the movie theatre the other day.....

It's "Hi" in GUM!!  How very clever.......

 For the past week, Chuck and I, along with our friend Steve, have been installing beadboard to the walls of the TV room and kitchen dinette area.  Actually, Liz hasn't lifted a single finger, but she has been right there giving advice and telling them when its wrong.

I came up with the idea to install beadboard to the walls of the TV room cause my dear, beloved husband had rubbed the paint off the walls with his "snack pack" food supply containers while watching TV.  Because they are dark burgundy walls, it really really shows when he scratches the paint off the wall.  See??

I figure with beadboard, this can't happen.  Fingers crossed........

And that's when it happened.......I officially became a "beadboard-aholic".  I love everything beadboard.  I want it in every room.....every wall......as a backsplash in my kitchen......in the backs of all my cabinets....maybe a little on the ceiling......

As I mentioned this to Chuck and Steve, they simply looked at me like I had 3 heads or something.  I could see the wheels turning in Steve's head as he tried to imagine the cuts he'd have to make to do a backsplash........or, heaven-forbid.....a ceiling.

And that's when I "think" I heard him say, "?!*$$@!?"

The next time you see this picture, it will have BEADBOARD all around it!!!!

WHOO HOOO!!!!!

7 comments:

Ellen said...

FYI - it can get dinged - I can send you pics of mine - but it shouldn't be as noticeable (hopefully).

PS - people are getting grosser and grosser - re: gum

Joy Starks said...

I like it, as I do everything you do. You are so talented. I don’t know where you find all of your ideas. Bet your house is so beautiful. Miss you and would love to see all you have done to your place. Do you get to Dallas often? Hope you both had a great holiday. Ours was great. Glad it is all over and a new one has started, Hope your mom and dad are doing well. Let me hear from you.


Joy

Cynthia said...

I love Bead Board TOO... !!!! I love it on ceiling's also.. the big house on Main St. we lived in had a lot of it.. Just love it.. and I know you will enjoy it in the Theatre room ..... I wish I had done the ceilings different here and put that on them but at the time it was too expensive.

I loved the Blog...:)

Sharon & Bob said...

Copycat

What you really need is a bumper behind Chuck’s chair

Ann HOlland said...

You're so funny … I've been wanting to put beadboard on my ceilings and walls, too! I still have pop corn ceilings that are screaming to be covered. My handy man told me it came in 8 ft sheets so have been trying to figure out how to cover the seams. When you get yours up, please call … I want to come see!!

Mary Lee & Tom said...

I have always loved bead board. Can't wait to see what all you have done. Mary Lee

Ant Ellie said...

Is beadboard really tiny small strips of wood, close together and put on lower walls so chairs and other things passing by does not harm the finish of the walls? It is not wallpaper, or grass wall paper is it? Will have to look for it in Loewes hardware. It looks neat with that top trim and I guess it goes down behind the
baseboard or at least to the baseboard.

At first I thought you were talking about this little layout board that one uses in making bead necklaces, etc.....it is called a bead board too. anyway, I can see that your beadboard is different...but neat. The view out your breakfast nook does not show in this picture but my mind can see it plainly.....the lake, a little fog over it and the sun coming up on the other side....a good cup of coffee made by Chuck and the great newspaper......pinch me for sure. You could wrap me up in beadboard and it would not get any better than above!!

take care of yourselves and don't work too hard. I love you both lots and lots.
ant ellie