Thursday, January 26, 2012

MY RAINY DAY.....

Thursday, January 26, 2012



Yesterday was Mother-Daughter Dentist Day!

Between torential, flooding rains and a 2-hour drive to Dallas from East Texas, I picked my sweet mother up at her Assisted Living Home; bright blue shower cap on her head to protect her beloved hair from the rain, 2 scarves around her neck, 4 layers of clothes and a quick run to the van in her wheelchair, and we were on our way!

As some of you know, we were able to purchase a handicap conversion van in December for Chuck.  I have swore my entire life that I would never own a mini-van.....a soccer-mom bullet of destruction is what I always called them.....but here I am driving a minivan.  I'm not complaining, though....it's been an answer to prayer by allowing Chuck to take his wheelchair with us anywhere and everywhere we go.....but its a MINIVAN.  Word of advice:  Never Say Never.

And check out my latest Goodwill find........I was beyond words when I found this lovely robe....with my NAME ON IT!!  Yes, it says Lizzy and not Liz.....but hey.....close enough!  And...it was only $4.99!!  DANG......I amaze myself sometimes!
And thought I'd just throw in recent pic's of Murphy and Molly.......Don't they just make you want to rub their head or something??
Murphy


Molly

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Adorable. Miss you. Come to Dallas and lets have lunch.

Ant Ellie said...

The probing dental people picture was about to get to me.....but was better after I got my mind on your thrift shop find.....and completely relieved by those two cute faces at the end. How is the one claw cat doing?
I love your blog and was about to go into blog deprivation...until this rescue blog......thank you so much. I love you both lots and lots.
ant ellie

Jackie Stemple said...

Wonderful images of Murphy & Molly!

Jackie

Leebird said...

Thank you for loving your mom so much.