Sunday, March 31, 2013

GROWING SEEDS: "My Ah-Ha Moment"


 
My AH-HA Moment


Do you remember your Ah-Ha Moment?  That moment when it was like someone suddenly turned the light on and Gods amazing grace became so absolutely, positively, 20/20 clear?  Do you remember that moment?  Maybe it happened to you at a young age; maybe it happened to you last year; or possibly you haven't experienced that moment yet.

After a lifetime of going to church and following the "rules", I had my "Ah-Ha" moment five years ago.  God and I had been getting up each morning, sharing a cup of coffee, sitting and chatting for awhile before cracking open His Word and studying......I had such a hunger to "get it" and He had such high hopes I would "get it".  Having grown up thinking I knew everything God wanted me to know, I was shocked to find I didn't know Him at all.  I knew all the usual stories about Him.....I knew He died, was raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven......but I didn't know Him.

It was during this time of year....Easter.....when that soft light inside of me started glowing.  It started out dim at first....low voltage.....but soon it was burning bright like a 120 watt bulb.  It was like putting the pieces of a puzzle together.  You always do the corners and sides first, then move on to the tough, meaty part of the puzzle that's the most difficult.  When you place that last puzzle piece in the middle and you stand back and look at the big picture, you can see it.  As I was reading and studying, I was putting the corner and side pieces of my relationship with Christ together; building the foundation so-to-speak.  Without this part, I couldn't have ever finished the middle, meaty part of our relationship.

I was realizing that
it wasn't about the "rules".....it wasn't about knowing all the Bible stories by heart.....it wasn't about being perfect or constantly begging for mercy and forgiveness when I messed up.....NO....cause I was totally incapable of doing all of these things.  What I realized was that Christ came to release me from these heavy chains called life that kept me from getting to know Him.  I could finally breathe a deep breath and my world went from black and white to color in an instant.  

If we keep our eyes open, we can recognize these ah-ha moments as they happen.  And that "even a wretch like me can be saved......the hour I first believed....my chains were gone and I was set free.....unending love, Amazing Grace.....God, Who called me here below, will be forever mine."*


"I stood there saved: surprised to be loved!"
Ps. 18:19 (MSG)

No comments: