Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Holy Joy and Amazing Grace


 "Holy JOY lies in the habit of murmuring thanks to God for the smallest of graces."
Ann VosKamp


And I whisper thanks over and over and over and over again right now 
for the family I have been graced with.  


For the love my brother and his favorite girl have for his only child.....a man now......safely back within his reach from the pits of war.....

For the love of my sister-girls......who make me laugh sitting on my favorite 3-legged bench propped up by a rock....and make me cry as we walk down sometimes difficult roads together holding each others hands.....and who love me no matter how many fire ant beds I have in my yard......



For the love of companionship when you thought life just couldn't get any lonelier......




For the love of capturing memories.....both in our minds, hearts and SD cards...


For the love of my One-and-Only....numb legs, hard-of-hearing, swollen feet and with a heart as big as they make them with an almost constant smile on his face in the face of pain...

And especially today, for the love and return of my Marine, with the familiar family blue eyes and crazy awesome smile that make me never want to let go of him.

Thank You God,  for these Graces that are Amazing!

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love love this blog today.. I needed it too.. been missing you...hopefully we can get together soon... I love that you had such an awesome weekend with your
precious family..

Love you so much,
Cynthia

Helen said...

Thanks Liz for sharing your family and joy. Families are so important to me and this next week I get to spend some time in K.C. with one

of my sisters. Hugs - Helen

Joy Starks said...

Enjoyed this so much. Thanks for remembering me. Miss you guys. Come see me.

Love,

Joy

Denise said...

Aww, another sweet and touching blog, made me smile this morning. Love ya girly !

D

lulu said...

Thanks for sharing wot us U melt my heart I have really missed ur blogs glad ur dad isnt alone.. Happy ur nephew got home safely an glad u n Chuck have each other an u have ur sister n niece an all u love..God Bless U ALL

Liz Hurt said...

Oh, how I rejoice and thank God with you. That is a GREAT report!!!! Much love, Liz

Jill said...

I love your email! God's grace is amazing!!!

Jeannette said...

Love it Liz! Been missing your Blogs to see whats going on down the road from me...lol. Who is the lady sitting by your Dad?

Stu said...

Liz I hope you will take a minute and check out my post on Facebook. God is truly great .
Stu

Doylene said...

You are so blessed!
What a hunk your nephew is too.
What a family, thanks for sharing.
Doy