Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm Thankful for Thanksgiving…...


I'm Thankful for 
Thanksgiving!



Words cannot describe the blessing this Thanksgiving was for me…..so I think I'll just let the lens of my camera tell the story of my Thanksgiving….



FROM waking up to a most magnificent Thanksgiving sunrise on a cold, foggy lake…..



TO a Thanksgiving meal prepared mostly by men and a hodgepodge of orphan Thanksgivingers bringing their favorite scripture to the table with them……


TO a Thanksgiving birthday celebration…..


TO a Wii Bowling competition to work off the turkey and pumpkin pie in our bellies……


TO a morning of meeting new tiny friends ….


hugging old friends…..


and making new grown-up friends…...



TO singing "What Does The Fox Say" in the middle of a country road at the top of our lungs with my girlfriend…..


TO witnessing the last of Fall's final color…...


TO "faux" ice skating on OIL in downtown Mt. Vernon with my crazy niece and girlfriends…..


TO celebrating my 106 year old friends' Birthday as she moves into #107 with her family that are an extension of my own family…..


TO closing out a Thanksgiving weekend with a Liz-prepared grilled cheese sandwich and soup Thanksgiving meal with the family (thanks Matt, for having my back!)…...



And thank YOU for letting me share a titch of the blessings in my life.  God has been so incredibly good to me…..and has graced my life with you…..my Murphy's Mom Blog friends who so faithfully read my words, view my pictures and allow me the freedom to express myself so openly and honestly.  Thank you for letting me vent, whine, cry and occasionally exaggerate to you……and you never complain…
Well…..hardly ever.

"In our daily lives, we must see that it 
is not happiness that makes us
grateful, but the gratefulness that
makes us happy."

~ Albert Clarke


14 comments:

Jill said...

I love your pictures from Thanksgiving! I also love
the words you wrote. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

I got my Christmas cards in with all the pics you took. Thanks again for taking them! I will send you one.
Love you,
Jill

Doylene and Arlen said...

Wonderful!

Rita Ray said...

Great post!! Great fun!! Great friend!!
Rita

Debbie said...

Very nice blog sweet sister

Joy Starks said...

Loved both e-mails. Thanks for sharing your holiday with me. You are so sweet to everyone, explains why you are so loved by everyone you touch. Take care and come see me. Give Chuck a big hug.

Joy

Jeanette said...

I love it!

Denise said...

Reading this was a nice way to start my morning, love how positive and uplifting you are. A good example for us all !
Love ya, D

Kathy said...

Liz

I'd say you had an overflowing basketful of LOVE this year!! Yiu so deserve it!!

Love you...

Sandee said...

Dear Liz,

This was beautiful....inspiring...and all the things your are? You, my friend, are love personified! Sandee

Marlene said...

Thank you Liz! I enjoy your blog so much. Mostly because of your spirit. You
are light wherever you go.
xo,
marlene

John Kennedy said...

Blessings Liz, "God is good". Thank you for sharing with me, I meant to tell you I really enjoyed the picture of you and Chuck on the deck or dock looking out over the lake. That was super. Tell him we missed him last Sunday, hope he wasn't sick. Thanks again I really appreciate it, glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Love Ya!
John

Israel said...

Hi Liz,......and yes, "Thanksgiving" is the time to be with family, and to be thankful for the bountiful blessings from the Lord. I can say without a shadow of a doubt "He" is the reason for living, with Him I am nothing, without Him I am even less. May the name of the Lord be praise!!


Israel

Unknown said...

What a great blog!!!! I love your creativity and personality...I'm so glad you and my mom met and she has someone near her like you!!! I have a feeling I will be hooked... Checking nightly to see if you've posted anything... Ha ha.

Unknown said...

What a great blog!!!! I love your creativity and personality...I'm so glad you and my mom met and she has someone near her like you!!! I have a feeling I will be hooked... Checking nightly to see if you've posted anything... Ha ha.