Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Fall of Our Lives…..





 Fall is my favorite time of the year…..it's when the aged leaves, after living a full, complete life…are tired….they're wrinkled….and it's time for them to let go….let go of the stem that has held them safely in place through the storms of their life.

I love Fall.  And I love my 106 year old friend, Jewell……who will be 107 on Tuesday.  I met Jewell when she was at the ripe young age of 99……

She was on my Meals on Wheels route and this spunky young lady met me each time with a smile as bright as the sun.  She never let me leave without telling me she loved me….and as Jewell feels the crispness of the Fall of her life getting closer, she still has that twinkle in her eye; still never lets me leave without telling me she loves me…..she l.o.v.e.s. me.

I hope she knows I love her too….













5 comments:

Jill said...

So sweet! She is a jewel!

Pam said...

Beautiful Liz.. Just like your sweet heart.

Jeanne said...

Happy birthday to Jewell. I’m sure she has lots she could share in addition to her love!!!\

Lulu Mae said...

One of Gods Jewels

Kathy said...

She is beautiful. What a precious friend you are to her.