Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving…..


This year, Chuck and I have the honor of hostingThankgiving with our friends and neighbors here around the lake.  I am looking forward to squeezing them around a tight dining room table, eating off Ant Ellie's silver, sharing our favorite scriptures and remembering the blessing they have brought to my life as I look into their faces and remember how each of them were dropped into our lives at such a time as this.

There will be no Dallas Cowboys playing in the background…..there will only be a fight for air space as we all try to talk at the same time with our mouths full.  And a lot of laughter.  So, as I try to narrow down my favorite scripture to share at the table in a couple days, I thought I'd share with you a few things I've written down in my "1000 Gifts" journal over the past 12 months. 

45)  The pride I feel inside when Chuck rolls into the room with 2 dogs and a cat on his lap.
76)  The bruises on my legs and hips from roller skating with the granddaughters.
120  My beautiful friend Carla, who after months of not seeing, we can pick up right where we left off.
189)  The millions of bugs I killed on my windshield tonight coming home from Canton.
190)  The millions of bugs cleaned off my windshield from the dew last night.
201) The tears, stinging tears, that flow so quickly when just thinking of Mom.
287) The joy my heart feels when I see Deb (sister) online in the mornings.
343) For the many people in my life named "Jacque" and  "Jackie"
490) Betsy's voice singing
567) The glassy lake being cut by the quiet of the kayak separating it.
598) My brother James who sent me flowers yesterday for no reason.
AND FINALLY
600) A day called "Thanksgiving" to stop and remind us where our blessings come from.

So, my loyal Murphy's Mom friends, don't forget on this Thanksgiving Day, to count your blessings…..name them one by one….count your blessings and see what God has done!

Happy Thanksgiving!

21 comments:

Wendy said...

You, Liz are a blessing to me an so MANY more. I am thankful for u n ur blogs U Never cease to amaze me ...."

Lulu Mae said...

Awesome as usual. Happy Thanksgiving to u n urs. Ur mom was awesome sweet person. I was very fond of her. love u. dry ur tears an b happy u will see mom again..

Skip said...

Many blessing to the two of you and your family and friends. It was good seeing you at the wedding and thanks for all of your kind words to me, the girls and to Becky. It is always a joy to see you. I am thankful in knowing you and Chuck. With love, Skip

Betty said...

Liz: Thanks so much for the Thanksgiving wishes. Our table will be missing one very important person this Thanksgiving., but he will be there in spirit, I know. I am truly thankful for the wonderful husband I had and a special Dad to our children. He is missed everyday.He is the love of my life. We will be celebrating at Amie and Jareds house. My famiily here and back home are blessings to me. Say Hi to all the Lake neighbors for me. God Bless

Betty

Julie said...

"Happy Thanksgiving Liz. So many things to be grateful for"

Sharon said...

Amen! and Happy Thanksgiving to you, Chuck, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a partridge in a pear tree!
LOL, ss

Robert Schlebach said...

God is good, here's hoping you guys have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Tell Chuck hello for me.
Robert S.

Chris said...

I'm thankful for (semi) new friends in Mt. Vernon. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Pat said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Liz. You are one of the people that I count among my blessings."

Lee said...

Me too, me too, Patricia! Liz is a priceless gift!"

Joy Starks said...

So happy to hear from you. Have a great holiday and come see me if you are in Dallas at anytime. Give Chuck a big hug and hug yourself for me.

Love,

Joy

Helen said...

Thanks Liz. As usual you make my day. We are all blessed that you share your words of wisdom

and special thoughts with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Chuck. Helen

Lee Bird said...

Love you, Liz!

Judy Kirby said...

My dear friend, Liz: I am so very thankful for your friendship! Aren’t we blessed! Have a memorable Thanksgiving day with friends around your table. Love you to the moon and back.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings Liz. We all have some and just need a nudge once in a while to remember that we do! Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

John Kennedy said...

Hi, Missed you at Bible study this morning, remembered you told me you probably wouldn't be there. Thank you for this mail and Happy Thanksgiving to you both, hope to see you Sunday.

Love You'all
John

Cynthia said...

That is great Liz and Chuck.. I saw him in the Grocery store this week.. bless his heart.
I have been cooking 2 days already.. it's looking great here.. I know you will have a blast.
I will have fun with my kids and grand-kids and my adorable GREAT GRAND..

I love you'all and have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
Ken and Cynthia

Israel said...

Hi Liz, have a wonderful time. Blessings to all of you.

Israel

Israel said...

Thanks Liz, I intend to just that. Have an awesome Thanksgiving. Isaiah 40:31


Israel

Donnita said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Hope your day is filled with many blessings and lots of laughter.

Liz Cheever said...

Hello Liz,
I am thankful I found you again after all these years!
Liz Cheever