Sunday, November 3, 2013

GROWING SEEDS: "Don't Worry About Tomorrow"


 
 
"In the midst of what seems a mess,
in the tripping up and stumbling down of all hopes,
Jesus gave thanks."

Matthew 11:25

The most amazing thing happened this week!

For the first time in my life, I "felt" God touch me.  I've heard him speaking to my heart before....I've sensed the Holy Spirit in decisions that I needed to make and things I needed to do or not do, but I don't believe I had ever "felt" God touch me.......until now.

I have always been a habitual worrier.....I worried about everything......things like "the lake is too low"...."the lake is too high"....."What if" was a constant phrase of mine, whether it was about something health related or what kind of shoes I should wear today.  But as I matured in my relationship with Christ, He appealed to my heart that I needed to stop all this unnecessary, excessive worrying.

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own." 
Matthew 6:34


It's been a long process.....a practice of-sorts, to recognize and shut the worrying down before it grew a life of its own.  But this week I came face-to-face with an unexpected confrontation involving a close friend that brought all this worry I had worked so hard to overcome, back with a vengeance.  I found myself angry, disappointed, confused and, as my Dad would always say, "totally bent out of shape." 

I felt betrayed......and as I left my meeting with her, I texted my dilemma to a couple close friends who I knew would afford me the space to vent that I so badly wanted to do.  Their response?  "Take a deep breath, count to 10.....and PRAY."  I knew they were right......but I simply wasn't ready to pray just yet.  I was too hurt to talk to God right then. I decided instead to take that deep breath and start counting.  I think I had gotten to #8 when suddenly, out-of-the-blue, a PEACE; a warm embracing Herculean-sized hug, came over my entire body......and I realized that God had just hugged me tight.  He touched me.....HE TOUCHED ME.

And at that very moment, I instantly knew everything would be okay.....even if it meant it might not be okay between my friend and I.  It would be okay.  It was as if that hug could talk and was telling me "I've got this......this isn't your worry.....it's Mine now." 

God and I have moved to a new level of our relationship.  We are tighter now.....best buds.....soul-mates.....BFF's!!!

No comments: