Friday, January 1, 2010

Get Ready.....Liz's 2010 New Years Resolutions.....

Friday, January 1, 2009..........oops..........2010 



HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR, FOLKS!

Right now, while you're still burping up little reminders of the estimated 94 cheese balls you consumed on New Year's Eve, is the time to make your New Year's resolutions.  Thought I'd share mine with ya:



1)  I Am Not Going To Dread Meeting With The "CPA" 

This is a big step for me, folks.  Those of you who know me well know that, although our "CPA" is a nice guy, he's been known to SCARE THE FIRE out of me in the past!  Oh ya, no amount of talking to myself, wearing extra deodorant, and prayer gave me a sense of "calm" when it came to the "CPA".  This was obviously a "Liz" problem and she knows it; however, it appeared to me that when he would ask me a question, even if it was as simple as "How's Chuck?", his eyes were saying "You Idiot!"...............




2)  I Will Stop Driving My Car With My Knees
Although I'm really good at this,  I'm turning 50 this year and its time to give that up.  The knees just aren't what they used to be and one never knows when that arthritis is going to kick in....plus, its scaring the neighbors....





3)  I Will Think Of A Password Other Than "Password"
Ya, I really need to stop doing that.......especially now that you all know my password is "password".....errrrrrrrr





4)  I Will Stop Taking My Shoe Off & Beating The Printer When It Doesn't Work Right....
I lose more printers this way.......maybe I'll just get the book out and read the instructions this year.





5) I Will Replace Murphy's Senator McCain Doll With A Barack Obama Doll
This could be fun!  After seeing what he did to Senator McCain, this could be a treat for the whole neighborhood and YouTube to watch!!!


6)  I Resolve To Stop Hiding Around the Corner & Going "BOO" When Chuck Comes Out Of the Bathroom....
And we were surprised when he was diagnosed with a heart issue this year???!!!!!





7)  I Will Stop Using the Jake Brakes on the Motorhome Just To Scare The People In Front of Me.......
Even as I'm typing this, I'm not completely sure I can keep this resolution.  I LOVE hearing those jake brakes......and watching the whiplash neck action from cars around me.  FUN FUN FUN!!


8)  Speaking of Brakes, I Resolve to Stop Slamming On The Brakes When Chuck Falls Asleep On the Back of the Motorcycle.....
Athough this is quite enjoyable and fun to do, it is a little dangerous until I can get a seatbelt installed.





9)  I Resolve Not To Use My Taser On A Loved One.......Unless They Tick Me Off....
Yes, I signed some sort of paper my sister slapped in front of me prior to giving me the taser for Christmas, but it really wasn't binding since I didn't know what I was signing...







10)  And Lastly, I WILL Find Chuck A New Hearing Aid This Year
Oh ya, folks, he WILL have a new hearing aid by year end.  No more crazy, bizarre conversations that involve Dairy Queen or diarrhea; nope.......that boy is going to hear what I'm yelling at him this time next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, the taser is working again!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

No.....unfortunately....whahhhhhh.....its still broke..that's what make that resolution much easier to keep!

Liz

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I love reading your blog. You are very talented! I'm glad you are doig well. I had both my kids home for the holidays, so we really had a good time. Thanks for keeping in touch! It would be fun to see you this summer after my school gets out. I'm going to come up that way and it would be great to see you! Have a great Sabbath! Love, jana

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing! I would love to do that! School gets out the beginning of June and that would be so much fun! I will plan on it! In the mean time, I'll keep up with your adventures through your blog- it is so fun to read! You should write a book- you do such a good job! See you soon then! jana