Monday, January 4, 2010

I've Got Your Monkey!!!!!!


Monday, January 4, 2010

As I'm sitting here watching the much anticipated premier of The Bachelor and mentally eliminating the "too desperates"; the ones with "big teeth" and "ugly shoes",  and listening to Chris Harris say for the umpteenth time, "This is the final rose for the evening", I ask myself how I got so lucky finding my perfect man.........Ya, I know I Blog about him all the time and all the funny things that he does and says, but what a dull life I'd be living without him in it.


And speaking of never a dull moment, today was dentist day (that's him in the picture during my teeth cleaning)....my Man and I always tag-team it to the dentist......for some reason, he felt Murphy needed to go to the dentist with us, which, I got to tell ya, I thought was a B-A-D idea.....its C-O-L-D outside and Chuck forgot to bring the leash.....ugh......so upon arriving at the dentist, Chuck insisted on taking Murphy out for a "pee break".  He insisted that Murphy wouldn't run off; that he would obey and not run away, do his business and come right back.  I reminded Chuck that he had never listened to us before so why did he think he'd start now?!?!  But off they went.......next thing I see is Murphy running as fast as his little chubby legs would take him across the street with My Man right behind him.....well........not "right" behind him.....he was walking non-challently acting as if all was well.....all WASN'T well....as we both headed across the street looking for the little munchkin yelling "I'VE GOT YOUR MONKEY"..........we finally found him making new friends in the Bus Barn of the local Winnsboro High School.......As I'm fuming all the way back to the car and saying, "I'm waiting for it, Chuck" and he's giving me every reason why what just happened happened, he finally says what I've been waiting to hear........."You Were Right, Dear."  Oh ya......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! So much for the monkey when he can have a bunch of kids!

Bo, our kitty, always scratches the back of Travis' leg when he is standing at the kitchen counter watching tv - usually after we eat. Tonight was so funny - I swear he knows what I am saying (Bo, not Travis!). He started scratching Travis' leg to have his fur combed. Well, big T wasn't paying any attention and, I swear, Bo looked up at me and I said, "Scratch Travis' leg" and he did. That did it! so funny!
J

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog, you can take the most mundane things and make them funny.

Love you

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Liz—
Had to read the blog twice to figure out that you must say “I’ve got your Monkey” in order to entice the dog to do something like come back. Must have missed the foreshadowing in your earlier blogs--

Ronnie

Anonymous said...

Dear Liz, you write the funniest stories....they are something else....I am
still chuckling about Murphy and the dental office visit.......that dog
does not know a stranger and his parents are just like him...thanks for
sending the blog.
ant ellie