Monday, April 12, 2010

Three Women and an RV.....DAY 1

April 12, 2010


DAY 1:

"On the road again.....durn durn durn durn durn durn durn durnDAdurn...."  Yep, we are headed on the road again, but this time............it's ALL girls week!!  Yep, packed up my Ant Ellie who drove in from Florida and drove the RV over to Ft. Worth to pick up my sister, Debbie.  Tomorrow, we head down to Fredericksburg, TX in search of the perfect field of bluebonnets.  We are soooooooo excited!!

This is the first trip I've made in the RV without Charlie......and I've got to admit, I'm just a little nervous.  He's my sewer guy; the one who hooks up the water, plugs in the power, attaches the cable.......He did a little run-thru with me the other day, and as I was taking pictures of the sewer compartment and frantically writing down all the instructions he was giving me, I was just hoping all these scribbles would make sense when the time came to actually use them.  Here's a sampling for those of you interested in the mechanics of RVing:


UPON ARRIVAL:  SEWER
Unscrew bottom plug in floor of MH
Take small sewer hose (keep GREEN plug on) to sewer island.
Unscrew GREEN tip & stick down in hole.
Return GREEN cap to sewer compartment - DO NOT LOSE
Take WHITE hose from Water Compartment.  Screw to exterior city water supply
Take other end up thru hole in floor of MH - Hook to “A”
Leave GREEN handle down (in up position)
Monitor Box to see sewer levels.




                             TO LEAVE:
 Check BLACK Water Level
 Check GRAY Water Level
Open BLACK water handle 1st
Immediately turn pump ON - “Sani Con” RED button
Watch BLACK water level go to lowest mark.
Turn OFF Pump
Keep BLACK handle OPEN; Open GRAY Handle - Do this for 1 minute
CLOSE GRAY valve (BLACK is still open).  Turn on pump again & watch level gauge.
Turn OFF pump
 Close BLACK valve
 Open GRAY valve
 Turn ON Pump & watch GRAY level scale to empty
 Close GRAY valve
 Turn OFF pump
 Now both GRAY & BLACK are closed
 Go to sewer island - Be sure & raise hose & let excess out before removing
 Reinstall GREEN cap before putting back in RV
 Rescrew bottom plug of RV floor

Yep, this should be interesting.........

Poor Ant Ellie; tonight, while she's sitting on the couch between Brady (Debbie's dentist husband) and me, with Debbie sitting in a chair close by, each of us playing with our Iphone/Ipod's/Laptops, here is what she experienced:  Brady is showing Ant Ellie a YouTube video on "Root Canals"; Liz is showing Ant Ellie a YouTube video of "Murphy Walking in His Shoes & Overalls"; Debbie is showing Ant Ellie all the ring tones for each family member near and dear to her...... ALL AT THE SAME TIME!  As I watched Ant Ellie's head "spinning" back and forth between each of us, I realized just what a bunch of attention starved idiots we all were!  This poor lady will probably never come back to Texas for the above mentioned reason.  Geeeeeeezzzzzz......

Tomorrow, we take the 4 1/2 hour drive down to Fredericksburg!  What a nifty town that is.....and we are so excited we can barely contain ourselves!!   I'll try and report back tomorrow to fill you in on DAY 2 of "Three Women And An RV".............


COMMENTS:

As long as you are in Fredricksburg, you really need to drive to LLano.,  We just got back from bluebonnet hunting and the best we saw were in LLano and we also went over by Chapel Hill by Navasta off I 45 and both places were so beautiful.






gg







I have to tell you Liz, I LOVE getting your blogs.   Your stories are great!  Have a safe trip!

Kathy McNaughton







I am so excited for you and your sister and Ant Ellie.. you will have so much fun.. the only problem
is I wish I were there with you'all.. how much fun could that be.. It's always so much fun when it's
just women.. seems like that is when we all turn back into little girls.. so all of you have a wonderful
time and think of me every now and then..
Can't wait to hear about day 2... of "Three Women And An RV"...
love ya,
Cynthia

No comments: