Friday, April 2, 2010

And How Was Your April Fools Day.....??

Friday, April 2, 2010


Charlie and I are infamous for playing April Fools jokes......our families won't even take our calls on April 1.....we've played some doozies over the years and they've learned to avoid all correspondence from us......but it doesn't stop us from trying!

So, on the morning of April 1, I received a text from my neighbor, Kris, reminding me it was April 1st and not to forget to play the joke on her husband that we had planned on doing.  So, as I sent Charlie down the street to "fool" her husband Steve,  I contemplated on how to "fool" my own family on this special day; afterall, it's the only day all year where its "legal" to lie........

So, as I headed out to Bible Study (ya ya ya, no comments please), it came to me.....I texted my whole family telling them my brother had won the lottery.  I decided I better let him know so he could "play along" too when he talked with them, so I called him and told him what I'd done.  There was this brief silence on the other end of the phone and then........are you ready for this...........he notified me it was March 31.  I don't remember how long I argued with him that it couldn't be March 31, that it was April 1, but I was doing the old knuckle trick trying to determine if March had 30 or 31 days in it.......and sure enough, March landed on a knuckle and thus had 31 days.  UGHHHHHH.....It was about this time, I pulled into the parking lot of the church and the response texts started coming in......first from Sarah.....who has had the least amount of time around Charlie & me thus not realizing she was suppose to avoid us this time of year.....she bought it hook, line and sinker (sorry about that, Sarah.....love ya!); then the nephew responded with "LIAR"; and the texts just kept coming in........

Since it wasn't April 1 afterall, I did have to pray for forgiveness for lying, so it was a good thing I was headed to church at the time, huh?!

Anyway, when I first saw this attached video, I thought surely this dude was playing an April Fools joke, but unfortunately, it was just one of our  typical Democratic representatives......I'm sure most of you have seen this already, but if you haven't, YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE THIS......It's scary, unbelievable, and its NOT an April Fools joke.  The guy is either stoned or.............or ............stoned.

In all fairness, he later explained (after 800,000 hits on YouTube) that he was referring to the "eco system" and didn't "really" think that Guam was going to tip over.  Uhhhh, okay.......but like I told Charlie tonight, I wish he would hurry up and finish that HUGE book he's reading every night in bed, cause I'm truly afraid the bed is going to "tip over" and "capsize".......









No comments: