Thursday, April 15, 2010

Three Women and an RV.....DAY 4


April 15, 2010


Rain, Rain Go Away.....Come Again Another Day.....(or at least until we leave..)

As I'm typing this, I'm leannnning to the right.......yep, we've had so much rain over the past 36 hours, our rear jack has sunk into the asphalt.......either that or we've gained too much weight from all the ice cream and chocolate volcano's we've been eating!   Either way, we're losing ground fast in the rear!



Today we went to the Fredericksburg Tea Party Rally!  What fun, what fun!!  Pouring rain couldn't stop these Three Women and an RV from standing on a downtown corner with our Tea Party signs meeting new friends, waving and encouraging honking.  Just like us, there are a lot of passionate people around here who hate to see their country heading in the direction that it is.  It was a blast watching Ant Ellie and Debbie, with their rain slickers on, signs in hand, waving at passing cars!!  Ant Ellie even met a passenger in a car from Florida at the red light!  Fun, Fun Fun!!!

After the rally, we headed back to the RV to dry off and put thicker socks on!  It was a bit chilly out there in the rain!  Check out my Alaska socks.......aren't they cute!??  They have polar bears on them!

Since there's not a lot you can do in the rain, we decided to stay put and play Mexican Train Dominos all afternoon.......I've got to tell ya, Ant Ellie, whose never heard of Mexican Train Dominos before, beat the crap out of us almost every time!  And unfortunately, we weren't "letting" her........UGH

After about the 10th game of her beating us, we decided we were losing due to lack of nourishment.....so we headed back into town to check out this little hole in the wall Italian restaurant we had heard of.......Pasta Bella.....Have you ever eaten deep fried cheese ravioli?  Me either.....at least not until tonight!  Delizioso!!   Oh ya, yum yum yum....And who would even think of eating deep fried cheese ravioli without topping it off with a chocolate volcano dessert??!!  Obviously not us....





Did I mention they are having a Volkswagon Convention here in Fredericksburg this week and there are VW's everywhere??!  Way cool.......... My Dad went through a VW stage back when I was growing up and we had countless VW bugs most of my growing up years.......Can you imagine taking a cross-country trip in a VW Bug with a family of 5 that didn't get along??  Not one of my happier childhood memories......
Tomorrow these Three Women and an RV are headed to the Fredericksburg Trade Days...Rain or Shine (assuming we don't float away or sink tonight.....).  See ya tomorrow!!




COMMENTS:





Has it stopped raining? Hope you are having 
a great time!
Do you happen to have 9 large pics of Murphy
could email me easily?

Brenda

LOVE THIS ONE!!!

How are you?

Tiffany


Thanks for the update. glad you ladies were at the T partyBarry Crow


My twin sister is headed to the volkswagen festival this weekend. Her husbands volkswagan is a black and white police with cherry on top. Short blonde hair, named Gerrie. Hope you get to see her.

Sherrie



I loved the blog ... sounds like you are having tooooo much funnnnnnnnnn.... boy am I jealous..
But so glad somebody can get out of here for some FUN..!!!!!!!!
I loved the pictures.. and I just sent you last blog to my sister in Ca.  she told me yesterday that
WE should BE THERE with you guys... she would be the one in trouble.... she loves old barnes
and exploring ... but I'm just as bad... so guess it's good we aren't there..

Cynthia





No comments: