Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just A Few Cool Chicks......

March 7, 2011

Seriously.....I just LOVE the women in my life...........


This past weekend, my neighbor Becky and I went to Brenham to see our ex-neighbor Sue (oh ya, and her husband Norm too!!).  Sue's been in some serious need for "Girl Time", so Becky and I were only too happy to road trip it for some play time with our girlfriend.

We hadn't been out searching for fun long when we came up on this old, discarded recliner just sitting on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere screamin' our name.   Now......I know what you're thinking and "NO", the recliner is not part of my growing chair collection here at the house.  But I had a vision; a vision of a great photo of my girlfriends sitting in this skanky, flea-bitten, contaminated chair.

Now, it's important for you to know that Sue is, and always has been, my most hygienic friend.  She is the one who always pulls out the hand sanitizer before we eat and passes it around the table.  So I know it had to majorly mortify her to sit in this ghastly no-telling-where-its-been recliner, but she plastered on a cautious smile, wiped off the arm of the chair, and ever-so-gently, sat on the arm and said, "HURRY, TAKE THE PICTURE!"

Then I got the great idea; and it was a GREAT idea, to move the chair into the middle of the road and get pictures.   Sue was more-than-done with the chair, so Becky and I grabbed the chair and moved it to the middle of the road.  That Becky is such a sport........she's pretty much "game" for anything......and I think it's quite a flattering picture of her!!
Ant Ellie as a Nun


Then I heard from another great lady in my life this afternoon........Ant Ellie!!  You remember her; my favorite aunt from Florida!!   She is my "Survival-Buddy" as we are both into Survival Blogs,  and are constantly exchanging notes on the latest and greatest survival water storage solutions, prepping for nukes, etc... Well, she came up with an EXCELLENT idea I just had to share with you!  She came up with the idea of buying "Nun" outfits and wearing them in the event the world freaked out and started shooting each other.  She figured they wouldn't shoot a Nun.....and she wouldn't have a problem telling them they were going to "pergatory" if they did.......
Liz in a Burka

Personally, I'm going for the "Burka" look......I can eat ALLLLL the Blizzards and banana splits I want this way!!

7 comments:

Ant Ellie said...

That chair didn't look too bad....where did you say you left it?

Actually, we should come up with several costumes "just in case" and then we'd be ready for whatever! We could collect them over time from dumpsters, flea markets, etc., and still not have alot invested...talk about survival! this blog is a riot!
ant ellie

Rita said...

Liz,
Thanks for sending...this is great! It is so good to have good friends you can just relax and enjoy each other. Hey, just one little observation....your blue eyes will be a dead giveaway that you do not belong in a burka!
Rita

Althea said...

Love this one!

israel said...

Beautiful Burka look, but scary girls' day!!!

Israel

Lula Mae said...

As usual u are amazing............

Becky said...

Cute! But the face making picture - ugh!

Ant Ellie said...

I think you put a halo right above my head.....I could probably sew this up with a couple of 2nd hand sheets from the bins at Goodwill! We might make a priest robe for Chuck and Jim and James....just not
tell them till they need them, otherwise they'd freak out and commit us both! ha.
ant ellie