Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DAY 1: We Are Off To See Our GI Joe!!

March 16, 2011 - Quantico, VA

DAY 1

Well folks, here we are having arrived in some place called Dumb Fries, VA (actually, I think its all one word, but I like it better as two)....

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY



* The seat on the shuttle bus in Dallas smelled like a nursing home.....


* Found a penny showing the Lincoln Memorial on it in the bathroom stall at the Washington Airport which I thought was ironic since we were in Washington DC......no one else thought this was newsworthy.....

* Suffered through my 30-going-on-12 year old niece kicking the back of my seat on the plane......

* Witnessed a gorgeous sunset over the Potomac from the plane.....

* Picked up my suitcase at the baggage claim to find the handle and wheels frame had been broken off......this, after paying $25 just to carry most everything I own......now I get to haul around a wheel-less and handle-less 150 pound suitcase for the next 8 days......errrrrrrrrrr.  And now, thanks to Jacque,  my suitcase is being held together with a purple band that says "Jacque-Matt" on it...





* And last but not least, can't find Hannity or Fox News on this democratic TV........geeeezzzz

3 comments:

Jug & Donna said...

No Fox News would drive me crazy!

Israel said...

Happy trip, don't forget to write!!!

Israel

Mary & Mom said...

Hey Liz!

I showed your mother the picture of her picture on the bed and she loved it! We are also reading your blogs everyday, there great! I hope you all are having a great trip! I have attached some pictures of us celebrating St. Patricks day! We had green milkshakes, a leprechaun and party hats! lol

Love,

Mary and Dorothy