Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 6: They Didn't Want Us To Leave.....






Saturday, June 6, Casper, WY:  

We were sad to leave Colorado as we had made some new friends and it was so beautiful there.  But alas, alas, we must move on......

As we headed into Wyoming, we were struck by the beauty of the massive rocks jutting up from the earth and the fact that we don't believe anyone actually lives in this state.  I think its just a pass-thru for travelers....I really do.  Plus, it is incredibly WINDY in this state.  Like hurricane force-wind windy.  I asked the lady at the campground how long they had been having such high winds and she just said, "What wind?"  Hummm...... This may explain why no one lives here.... My steering wheel was sideways the entire time we have been in Wyoming!  

Murphy and I took a blow (Wyoming talk for walk)  this afternoon and came across a field that he was particularly interested in.  As he was scouting about for a home for his poop, we both saw something move right in front of us.  We both were on point at this point.  It was a little rabbit.  And then we saw another one...and another one....and another one....  As I looked all around me, we were surrounded by rabbits who were standing perfectly still hoping we wouldn't see them.  Some had their head in the ground, others were laying down, and still others were standing.  It was like we were playing the game "freeze" and they forgot to tell us. Poor Murphy was so confused....he's more of a squirrel guy, so this rabbit thing really had him baffled.  It was so cool!  So we headed back to the RV to get Chuck so he could experience the "freeze" game too.  

The pictures you see are Chuck and his new friends in Colorado as well as a shot of my Navigator navigating us into Wyoming (actually, I think he's eating). 

Can you guess where we'll be tomorrow????

5 comments:

Pat said...

You go girl! I am in awe of you driving the RV and hauling the motorcycle as far and through as many obstacles as you have. You are a woman after my own heart. Tell Murph and Chuck I said they are very lucky. I am sure they already know that. We will miss you at the lake next weekend.

Anonymous said...

Chuck is one handsome devil! :)

I have a bad feeling I'm gonna miss you when you come thru AZ, but Mom will be here. Logan, Jacob, and I will leave headed toward TX/LA sometime around the 15, and we won't get back until July 8th or 9th. I'm taking Jake to Lamesa and Logan to Shreveport and will then go on a cruise to Alaska with Cliff and his whole family from the 27 thru the 3rd.

Be sure to call Mom...she will love to see you. Love, Lee

Anonymous said...

Morning Liz, Was that rabbits or prairie dog? If u make it to Salt Lake City, Utah try to make tour of the morman church and story of there travel before settleing in utah. I enjoyed. Have safe trip nonia

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz and Chuck,

I'm enjoying reading about your vac. I think I am going to mark Wyoming off my list, however, after reading the rabbit story, I Ithink you could make anything or anywhere fun. That's one of your gifts. Chuck looks so happy, such a good pic.

Take care and keep on keeping on.

See ya, Mary Lee

Anonymous said...

-Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Linda B.