Saturday, January 16, 2016

Keeping Our Heads Above Water - Chapter 13

January 16, 2016


When I was growing up, I remember Mom telling me that there was no pain like childbirth.  That the pain is SO intense that most women will never feel any pain that remotely compares to it.  But the interesting thing about childbirth, she would say, is that a couple hours after giving birth and you are holding that beautiful little bundle in your arms, you will forget how bad the pain actually was.

I've never experienced childbirth.....but I'm guessing I'm at 8 cm and crowning right now.

Flood Waters at Our Door

This week has been the most difficult so far.  Hard to believe after having lived through the first two weeks, but Week 3 is finding me wanting to crawl in a hole and stay for awhile.  I am anxious to get to that place where I have moved past the pain and can look back on this time and forget how painful this all is.

Our Master Bedroom

The other day, I wrote chapter 12 of this journey.  I wrote it, saved it on Blogger and never sent it to you.  I felt it was too negative....and that you would see the hairline cracks in me. 


See, I'm struggling this week with emotions towards people who could have prevented this 8 cm pain I'm feeling.  The builder of our beautiful home whose initials are CC and who I would like to punch in the face.....the realtor for assuring us we would NEVER flood when we purchased the house cause we live on a "constant level lake", of which we don't....the water district for never flood mapping our area to allow us to purchase flood insurance....the list goes on and on.

I'm human.  I'm emotional. 

But sometimes, I'm realizing, the 8 cm pain is necessary.  Necessary to bring me closer and more RELIANT on God.  Cause I personally believe God DOES allow us to go through more than we can handle.....on our own.  If we were never allowed more than we could handle, we would have no need for Him.

And this is one chick who needs Him every second of every hour of every single day right now.





12 comments:

Jerri Sue Profitt said...

Keep you in my thoughts and prayers!! Love you!!

Donya Barker said...

Still continuing to pray for you. Through all this, you are still an inspiration and blessing. "Sunday's coming!"

Laurie Pace said...

Day by day... so many of us live so far and wish we could be there to help...but we are praying. It will get easier. Sending love with our hopes for you.Laurie Pace

Sherrie Wilson said...

If you don't write a book, I'm gonna beat you

Patricia Pond said...

You and Chuck are in my thoughts and prayers. And you really should write a book.

Rikia Park said...

Feeling tiered, angry and overwhelmed doesn't mean your any less of the brave person that your trying to be. Our worldly goods are only our things, but it is still like a death. The home ,that you worked hard to make a comfortable and safe place, has been taken away by a drop of water. Cut yourself some slack and show the same understanding and compassion to yourself that you would someone else. The problem is not having the emotions ,it's how you deal with them ,and you are doing a great job.

Betty said...

I can't possibly feel the pain you are having now I have had 3 children and I know the pan of childbirth but its true when you hold your baby you do forget until the next time.
God does not abandon us, I( think he lets us see how strong we are in the face of adversity and never lets us reach the point of no return.
He loves us . Please know that I am praying for you and Chuck. By the way I hope this has not affected him too badly. You are his rock and are there for him.

Thank God for your wonderful friends and neighbors. At 85 I would not be much help but know that you are in my thoughts.

Love ya

Jenni M said...

Thank you for showing your real emotions. It makes you more relatable than if you pretended to be happy and perfect all of the time. I know I'm not so its kind of a relief that you aren't either!
That being said, you have my prayers that you can look back on this pain ASAP rather than be in it!!!
Love you!
Jenni

Sandee said...

I love you so much, sister of my heart. Remember we have a guest house should you ever need it. How can I help…..my love is surrounding you right now and forever. Sandee

lulu said...

So sorry for what you going thru. But if it was me I'd walk away. Not take chance on doing this again. Floods r too unpredictable n do SOO much damage. The worst is emotional damages love u. U r in my prayers

Ellen said...

Remember Ephesians 6:10-18. This was in Gracethrufaith today and I thought of you. I don't think God gives us more than we can handle, and I think you are handling this better than 99% of the world would or even could. You will have many setbacks but you and Chuck will emerge from darkness into the light once more.

Stay strong - God knows your heart! Love you and Chuck lots. Ellen

PS - I had to chuckle when I came to the part about having your teeth pulled instead.

Cherie said...

I am sooo sorry you are having to go thru all this..but so happy your faith hasn't faultered. You are in my prayers....you will get through this and be stronger because of it. I pray it never happens again too!