Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Keeping Our Heads Above Water - Chapter 15

January 26, 2016


Someone asked me a few days ago if I was angry at the lake for turning our lives upside down these past four weeks.


I found it such an odd question....of all the places to be angry, the lake is not one of them.  How could you be angry at something that looks like this each morning at sunrise?

It's been a month.  A long month.  Like a 4-year month.


And we most likely have many more 4-year months to go before life becomes normal again.  But like I've said a hundred times, I feel God working GOOD through it all.  I'm dead serious folks.....these are not just words to make me feel better.


Sometimes, I fear I sound like Pollyanna to you....."Life is GOOOOD"...."I NEVER melt down"....."I'm LOVIN' this experience"...when in reality, this experience sucks and is one of the hardest things Chuck and I have had to go through in all the years of our marriage. 

Yes.  Life is HARD.....I DO melt down and I am HOMESICK.  I'd much prefer you see me as Lara Croft....shooting out bad and fear and evil around each corner....reloading....and then having a good cry.  Yep...that's what Lara would do!


But in the middle of ugly.......I see this.....


......the top of a precious baby's head while we sing in church on Sunday....


......my ROCK STAR friend Jewell who has reached the ripe young age of 109 who talked my ear off yesterday about how cool her Uncle Cliff was when she was 8......


......and our new friend Kelly from Majors Medical who drove two hours yesterday to fix Chuck's wheelchair that shorted out from the rising water in our bedroom that Monday 4 long weeks ago.


....and all I can see is BEAUTY in this STORM we are in the eye of.  Beauty everywhere.

I just have to look UP.






14 comments:

Laurie Pace said...

Beautiful post this morning. Sending love and a smile.

Lulu said...

I'm so sorry for what u r going thru. But God is good n He makes good out of bad. Keep on looking up never doubt Gods love n that he will see you thru this. Sending love n prayers. God Bless the little children n the 109 yr young lady. N all the ones in between. N God Bless u n Chuck

Cheryl said...

Perfection! Keeping it real but keeping your eyes on HIM!! So great to se you Sunday! Love you and am praying for the insanity to stop. Did Chuck get his hearing aids. Can he hear me now?(lol) . Love!!

Arlen & Doylene said...

Amen!

Jeanne said...

This is about the time I would be praying for patience while I wait, wait, wait!

Sharon said...

Beautifully said, as beautiful as you are, inside and out.

My prayer is that you and Chuck will have a safe trip to doctor today; and God will hold you in His Hand throughout the 4-year months ahead.

Love and hugs!

Stu said...

Beautiful and I love Jewell’s picture and story. Thank you and keep on fighting.
Stu

Kathy said...

Awesome. Do you have Terri Hughes email? You need to add her to your list if shes not on it. Ran into her in the fall sometime. She asked about you and said how much she loves your positive spirit no matter what happens. She'd love to know what's going on with you.

Hoping things will be dry enough to start rebuilding soon. Still praying for you. Let me know when you're free enough to do a movie date (when my soc sec check comes mid-month) :) I hope you are getting out for some fun now and then. You have to take care of LIZ.

Love you girl...and pray pray praying. Praising God for your strength and the joy you find aling the way.

Kathy

Ray Calloway said...


I deeply admire your uplifting spirit through such a horrendous ordeal. Bless you and Chuck. Ray

Diana A. said...

Continuing to pray, Liz. We won't stop til you all are nestled back in your home.

Billy Jordan said...

God bless you guys. We love you

Nancy Zachary said...

Bless you both. Sooo sorry, but so glad you making it so beautifully. I know you get sad and depressed, but you are handling wonderfully.

Cherie said...

Continued prayers my friend...you are making progress, and everything will be ok, and better in the end!

Brooke said...

Awww...yeeaaah...preach it sister!

Press on to take hold of the promise!!!