Wednesday, July 28, 2010

DAY 28: Freak Hail Storm at Mork & Mindy's House Today!!

DAY 28:  Estes Park, CO - July 28, 2010


Well, we have arrived in Estes Park, CO.......unfortunately, we haven't seen much of it just yet.........well, unless you consider going straight down Main St. during some type of highly-attended festival with millions (ok, I exaggerated....THOUSANDS!) of people coming at me in car, truck, on foot, skateboard, scooter and wheelchairs......geeeeeezzzzz.....Here I am, almost 40' long pulling a 12' trailer and not completely sure where I'm going, with people coming at me from every direction.... I must tell you, I'm not completely sure I didn't run over some of them.......but we made it to the campground (I'm still scratching my head on how we found this place....) and we have a most beautiful site overlooking a river......LUCKKKKY.......  Tomorrow, hopefully we will be one of those people taunting RV drivers on Main St.......

Anyway, here's a gorgeous view from our windshield as we were coming into Estes Park.....this was just prior to the madness we were getting ready to experience on Main St.......










And this is a view from same windshield of our campsite view.........












Complain as I may about the craziness on Main St., things could have been much, much, much, much worse.........After we got settled into our campsite, we were watching the local news and saw where there had been a "freak" hail storm in Boulder early this afternoon; an 8" of hail freakiness!  Now, I'm thinking to myself,; "We just came through Boulder a couple hours ago....." I know this cause I remember thinking thats where Mork and Mindy are from....anyway, this storm must have come right behind us cause they were showing that it had hit right where we had just been......Check out these pictures from the news.....This is hail, folks; not snow.  See.....the good Lord put his "Bubble of Protection" around us just as we asked Him to prior to leaving Manitou Springs!!

So we get settled into our spot, and low and behold, we have a Bigger Than Life Texan from Houston right smack next door......The minute he opened his mouth, I knew he was a Texan!!!

I then tried to get Murphy to pose for a picture out on a rock in the river, but he was quite the stinker and fought me tooth and nail......memories of Garden of the Gods back in Manitou Springs is still fresh on his mind I'm figuring........You may recall, he almost got stuck in a "cave" high up on a rock during another of our many photo-ops......







And I know you've all been wondering about Kittie Kruger..........she's doing fine....we haven't misplaced her any more and she spends most of her days looking out the front window at all the people and dogs going by.....she seems quite content eating, sleeping and checking out people pointing at her.......she really is much happier than she looks in the picture.......

8 comments:

Judy Boyles said...

I love your emails. I live vicariously through them. Would love to travel like that some day. Will you do me a favor and add my other email address? Jboyles@Higginbotham.net. My Spode and I share this one and he occasionally deletes it before I get a chance to read about your latest adventure. He does have a couple of faults. But I plan to keep him, just work around him sometimes :)

Judy Boyles

Ant Ellie said...

What a spot to park in....looking right over the river ....beautiful. Sure glad you missed the hail storm....that can do some damage to your paint and metal....glad you are settled in...and Texans are hanging in there with you....that is comforting. Ya'll have fun.

ant ellie

I love you both

Jacquetta said...

I vote for Murphy as he knows whereof he speaks!!!!

Jacquetta

Lulu Mae said...

"i am jealous but happy for u gordons dream was to own a big rv an travel our later yrs an it never happened for us.....wasnt in GODS plans for us.."

Lulu Mae said...

i am enjoying the ride thanks for sharing i luv ur sense of humor....."

Lulu

Margie said...

Already miss your smiley face
Margie Champlin

Carla said...

What beautiful scenery. I am "green" with envy.

Carla

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.