Saturday, July 10, 2010

DAY 10: Murphy's Mistress Monkey Myrtle

Manitou Springs, CO - July 10, 2010


DAY 10:

Chuck and I have decided to earn some extra money by contracting ourselves out to drought stricken cities throughout the US.......as each and every time we get on the motorcycle, it RAINS.  Yep, today started out without a cloud in the sky.......UNTIL.......we decided to go for a ride on the motorcycle.  And that's when the dark clouds loomed over the mountains and headed our direction.  We changed directions......so did the dark impending clouds.........we stop under an awning......so do the rain clouds.  We give up.

So........we've decided to just go with it.......give in to the inevitable......try to make some money from this strange phenomenon.............we are for hire, folks.

On a positive note, Murphy has found a satisfactory replacement to his Senator McCain doll.........it's Myrtle the Monkey.  It was pretty much "love at first site" for them both as their eyes met at Gigi's Pet Store.

AND, remember the YouTube video I mentioned about an awesome motorcycle ride we made yesterday?  Well, it's now online and ready for viewing.....check it out, just like Murphy did, at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu3hkGqB1z8

8 comments:

jacquetta said...

I LOVE MURPHY AND HIS PINK MONKEY!!! CAN'T DECIDE WHICH IS THE CUTEST!!!!!!

Jacquetta

Marlene said...

Liz, that was a great video! I was wondering is the road just for motorcycles? The road seemed narrow yet I saw a car ahead of you. The other thing I thought was that you and Charlie could also get a job as Papparrazzo's! lol
Love your blog!
~Marlene

Denise said...

"I want a cute little puppy like Murphy !!!"

Denise

Ann said...

I watched the youtube and was terrified ... just praying that it was one way!!! Beautiful!!! I can’t believe that is you driving the motorcycle ... Remind Chuck that he is one lucky guy to have such a brave, adventuresome partner!!!

Ann

Jacquetta said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

Robert said...

"You husband is a very trusty man!! No way I would ride behind my wife with a thousand foot drop offs on each side and not railings!! You must have something on him to make him do that....."

Robert

ellen said...

"Murphy's "hair" looks like mine after I've driven with the top down. How long does it take to get it untangled, or do you even try?"

Ellen

Tom Wardle said...

I think you are going to be long time unemployed. I don't know of anywhere in the USA that is in need of more rain. Maybe someone will pay you to go far away from their town in hopes that the rain will follow you.