Saturday, July 3, 2010

DAY 3: "Go Right; No Left; Don't Hit the Deer; Is That RAIN??"



Raton, NM - Saturday, July 3, 2010
DAY 3:  Well folks, Day 3 is a few hours short of being over and I've just got to tell ya; it's been a pretty good day.  I've got so much to tell ya!!
First, we headed up the road a bit to Trinidad, Colorado.......we didn't realize we were staying within spitting distance to the Colorado border.....but turns out we could not only spit but walk to Colorado.....Anyway, we had a BEAUTIFUL day to ride and decided to take the "Highway of Legends" from Trinidad to Walsenburg.....only after a "I think we need to go right" by Charlie and a "No, I'm sure we need to go left" by Liz.......ya, that went on for awhile......unfortunately, Charlie was right....yes...I admit it......CHARLIE WAS RIGHT.......there, I've said it!  Although it does make sense to me why they call it the "Highway of Legends"......You're a "Legend" if you find the blasted road.......
Oh ya, I found my FIRST "faux" Goodwill store today......Check it out......We found this right after we saw this confused deer crossing the road right smack in the middle of a festival in this little town we passed through.....Kinda reminds me of some deer we have in East Texas.......hummmm.....

And, of course, the rain caught up with us on our way back home and it POURED on us.....all through Raton Pass (that's a lot of steep uphill then downhill for those who's never been here..)  Can you see a pattern with us and rain???


And for those of you worried we're leaving Murphy by himself too much, well.......he preferred to stay in the RV today watching a marathon of his favorite TV show, "America's Funniest Home Video's"......I'm dead serious....

3 comments:

Israel said...

It looks like you guys are having too much fun...... but that's ok by me!!

Israel

Tom said...

Charlie was right. That was tough to say wasn't it? That is why men don't ask for directions, we know which way to go. Go Charlie!

Tom

Betty & Ernie said...

Looks like y'all are having a blast! I love following you on these trips! Love you both, stay safe with your journey, and Happy 4th of July! Betty